Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of Politics

President Bush delivered his State of the Union speech last night. I didn't watch it, because it makes me sick to see the political cheerleading and posturing that happens on both sides of the aisle, but I did read it this morning. Overall, it was what I expected. Vague, yet clearly positive. Powerful, but without any substantively moving content.

The best statement the President made was as follows:

"Yet there is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success, and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second-guessing is not a strategy."

This goes the very essence of what is wrong with American politics today, and, to me, exemplifies why Americans are losing faith in the democratic system and our elected representatives (at least at the federal level). I am sick of baseless partisan attacks that criticize without offering any solutions.

Closing Thought: They kicked that fucking liberal puppet Cindy Sheehan out, but let the bomb-sniffing dog stay in. I think that is great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Lame, kind of lame.

3:40 PM  
Blogger ghost rider said...

I agree that the partisan atmosphere in Washington is sickening. A perfect example of the partisan BS is when the President was talking about social security and the dems cheered the fact that they didn't do anything. I might note, however, that I am finding a new found respect for Dem Senator Ben Nelson from NE. If you noticed he was clapping for good policy statements even when the rest of his idiot party was jeering and sitting unresponsive in their seats. We need more of that.

Here's to Sheehan getting kicked out. She was a guest of a demo rep. from CA and she couldn't even sit still for 2 seconds. Just goes to show you how insane the lady is. By the way, that was the second time she was arrested in Washington for protesting. I wonder if they have a 3 strike rule in DC? Nothing better than 30 years to life for being an idiot.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home