Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Miss Chris LeDoux

These have been the most unproductive 3 days of work in my life. I have accomplished exactly jack shit. Mostly because I am becoming a super great procrastinator, but also because there is nothing that absolutely, positively has to be done immediately. So screw it.

Also, I am no longer watching any news on TV or reading any print newspapers. Those fucking asshats no longer even pretend to be balanced or to report the facts, and it is driving me crazy. You can barely tell the difference between the Chicago nightly news and the Daily Show. All of my news now comes through interpretive dance performed by my helper monkey.

Oh, and just so you know, I am no longer screening my calls, because that was making me feel guilty. Now, I just turn the phone and blackberry off.

Time to get out of town. I need a beach chair, a cooler of beer and a big fucking fishing pole.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, paragraph 2 refers only to the Chicago media. Certainly no reflection on any Quad Cities/KC newspapers.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a very good thing that you clarified that. I had fire coming out of my eyes. That generally is not a good thing.

Also, I'm very impressed that you can understand interpretive monkey dances. I think that makes you a hippy.

And finally, call Uncle Ted. Go to Florida for the weekend. Tickets aren't too expensive - and even if they were - you shouldn't care. You're the sibling who makes all the moolah.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.
If you develop those procrastination skills you might set yourself up for a nice little job in journalism.

We are the world's worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) procrastinators. That's why we thrive on a job defined by it's deadlines.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You should avoid TV news. They don't even try to be unbiased. The Tribune just laid off everyone and their brother most likely including anyone who knew how to write.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this may scare you to death but i agree wiwth most of what you said about news and phones and fishing poles. the CRAZY aunt xoxoxox

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home