Monday, December 12, 2005

Topics from the Sister

Evidently, if I don't post anything for longer than 72 hours, very bad things happen--angles cry, fairies lose their wings, Coke comes out with "C2" again, Smirnoff Twisters become the official drink of the NFL. Anyway, Eeds has demanded that I put up a new post on one of the following topics:

"Why the world would be a better place if our adult selves could go back in time and talk to our high school selves."

Or -

"The top ten best words I've made up since graduating from law school."

I initially like the first one. About the high school elves. Then, I read it again, and it was about high school selves, and that kind of dropped it down on the fun meter. All I'd tell my high school self is to break more rules, go ahead and fight, date more girls at one time and drive faster. Not really going to improve the world. However, talking about the high school elves, especially during this festive season, would have been a good topic. Those little fuckers toked it up like big dogs, and the last time I saw them they were gluing stuff to the ceiling. Pitty that isn't the topic.

The second topis is better, because it shows that Eeds has finally accepted my position that anyone with an advanced degree can make up words at will. However, if I listed the words that I've made up, then people would know for sure that they are not real words. Ultimate secrecy is the only way to preserve my vernacular superiority.

So, looks like both of Eeds' topics completely tanked. Pretty poor, considering the quality of topics that I gave her (including "15 things to do with string", "6 reasons to run over things" and "Santa Clause and Other Communists". See them at www.eeds22.blogspot.com).

Oh well. Maybe I'll post something tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throwing the cop-out flag.

You big weenie.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. Given what I had to work with? This post is like paiting the Mona Lisa using only green and yellow paint, a toothbrush for a paintbrush, and a one-armed prostitute named "lefty" as a model.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You clearly have no appreciation for truly fabulous topics.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

How exactly do angles cry? Aren't they a little too...angular for that?

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angels.

Eeds, tell your friends no more making fun of my spelling.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Rock's "Quote of the Year"
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more"

Captain

10:47 AM  
Blogger White Hat Black Hat said...

If you click on Anna's name, it takes you to her blog and she has a post up about my hometown today that is pretty damn good.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home