Thursday, February 16, 2006

Peppered

Pothead put up a good post yesterday about stupid people and their response to the VP peppering his lawyer hunting buddy. (I think there should be some punctuation in that sentence. Not hunting lawyers, but buddy was a lawyer. Whatever.) Certainly, hunting is a dangerous sport. What with all of the animals coming right for you and everything. Still, it blows my mind how people have absolutely no grasp of what bird hunting is all about. I take the time to learn about their fucking interests (unions, hugging trees, sailing (like boating, but without a motor), other hippy-type shit). They could at least educate themselves about hunting. Either that, or they could just shut the fuck up.

My comment to Pothead's post yesterday:

You want to talk about hunting accidents? We should talk about forgetting fucking trolling motors or sleeping in fires. I guess those were more about fishing. How about permanent hearing loss? (I'm still sorry about that.) How about a fucking concussion because captain idiot didn't bolt the seats in the suburban down?

Other injuries: Snot's bruised ribs from rolling over the ball hitch during evasive action. Multiple stitches from trying to move sharp rock to get truck out of mud. Fatal embarrassment from accidentally telling all of your friends your are gay. [Pothead, circa 1999: "That would be like me saying I never had a gay homosexual experience . . . . . In my ASS."] There just is no response for that. Black Jimmy getting all scarred up. Cumulative hangovers equal to approximately seven cherry bombs simultaneously exploding behind your eyes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.wakingdreaming.blogspot.com/

you are all writing about this, so to avoid having to think about what comment I'm going to make, I'm just directing you all to each others' blogs.

whew.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What do you know about hugging trees?

All I know about bird hunting is you are supposed to aim for the bird and not your friend. Also, that guns are involved which, obviously in my hippy-like nature, I am completely against. Although less against shooting birds than shooting people.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you clarified that shooting birds is less objectionable than shooting people. Had me wondering about you there for a minute.

PS: Eeds' post was a total cop out.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home