Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tyler Durden

Again, having a day where smacking someone in the head seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to the problem of them being a dumbass. The next time someone asks me if I'm busy, I just want to walk over to them and open hand them across the face (smacking = open hand, and is useful for correcting dumbasses; hitting/beating = closed fist, and is useful for correcting stupid fuckers).

I think that the desire to smack someone coupled with being in the middle of buying a fucking condo for more money than I ever imagined spending on a fucking 1400 square foot space that doesn't even have a fucking yard has made Fight Club quotes especially pertinent for today. Also, work has dropped me down to 172, so I figure that if I quit working and devoted myself to working out, drinking and making soap, I'd be in Brad Pitt shape by Thanksgiving (maybe not the drinking part, but let's be reasonable).

Mmmmmmm, soap. And fire.

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."

"I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother,
HOW do you remeber these long-ass movie quotes and what is your new obsession with soap?

You've lost it, bubba.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Eedds, no worry I have watched this movie and I was wonderng what he was talking about(soup).

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home