Monday, April 10, 2006

Dealing With Really Smart People

One of the greatest joys of buying a condo is nailing down the mortgage. I'm getting kind of tired of it, so it's a good thing we are about finished. Anyway, here is just a tiny example of how an idiot lender can actually make the process go from so-so shitty to super shitty in a single e-mail.

My e-mail to him last Friday:

"[Idiot Lender],

Thanks for touching base. We are moving forward, but work has picked up
in the last week and I haven't been able to focus on the mortgage. Will
make a decision early next week.

[WHBH]"

His response this morning:

"[WHBH],

Decision with respect to lender? Let me know as soon as you can. I
have number of my staff working on the file.
Thanks

[Idiot Lender]"

Response I am considering sending back:


"[Idiot Lender],

Decision has been made. Have decided to go with non-pushy lender who doesn't make me want to scream at them over the phone about the lessons of customer service and public relations. Rushing people who are getting ready to make the biggest financial decision of their life is probably not the way to go, genius.

Not sure what in the hell your staff has been doing on this "file" that precluded them from working on other "files" since I haven't sent you any information or asked questions for like two weeks. In any event, consider them open for other business.

Fuck you very much,

[WHBH]"

Seriously, who the hell is this guy to try to push me to make a decision before I'm ready. I feel like a freshman girl at my first toga party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home