Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Office Stuff

Yep. Not getting shit done today. But, if I'm going to be worthless, I might as well post something on this little bloggity blog.

Stuff in my office:

1. John Wayne coffee mug. Too big to actually use for coffee, so I use it to hold pens and stuff. On the inside, it says "talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much". One of my favorite quotes from the Duke.

2. Slinky. Not one of those shitty plastic ones either. One of the good metal ones. And before you make fun of me, you should know that it is impossible for anyone to resist playing with a slinky during a conference call. Partner or associate. Not fucking possible.

3. Foam baseball from the White Sox World Series celebration. I bounce it off the wall a lot late at night. Doesn't help me think or concentrate or anything, but it's more fun than banging my head into the desk.

4. Picture of wife and I in Kansas. All you can see is prairie grass. No houses, cars, telephone wires, etc. It's nice. Also have a wedding picture of wife and I from 4 years ago. People see it and go "oh, when did you get married?" I tell them 4 years ago, and they get that look that screams "what were you, like 12?". Then I hit them with the slinky.

5. Big fucking laser printer. Got tired of walking 20 feet down the hall to the printer or having my secretary print stuff. Not really supposed to have one, but fuck it. I like my printer.

6. Boxes. Lots of fucking boxes filled with diligence. I want to burn them. Burn them with fire.

5. Blackberry. It is in its little home charging. It is mocking me.

4. Lots of verrrrry important looking books and binders and shit. Never even look at them.

3. Intricate rubber band/thumb tack apparatus that keeps my bottom drawer shut. I sort of broke it, and I'm too lazy to get it fixed.

2. Post-Its. Fucking everywhere. Like a happy little yellow snowstorm hit my office. Actually, yellow snow is rarely happy. Scratch that.

1. Picture of all of the guys during the last pheasant hunt in KS. Damn, I need to shoot something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous post.

I'm glad to see that your MacGyver-esque skills have not gone by the wayside.

Also - I think you should have a picture of me in your office but only show it to really hot and single lawyers who love Jesus. And then call me a "catch."

Perfect.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home