Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gimme back my bullets.

I'm so fucking excited. To paraphrase 50 Cent: I love my guns like a fat kid loves cake.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-guns_wed1sep05,0,3684121.story

D.C. gun case may hit Chicago

City's law is next target if foes win in Supreme Court
By James Oliphant Washington Bureau
September 5, 2007

WASHINGTON - Those who would do away with Washington's near-total ban on handguns will tell you point-blank their next target: Chicago.

Gun-rights advocates scored a stunning success earlier this year when a three-judge panel of a federal appeals court in Washington swept aside the District of Columbia's ban on owning handguns, which had been in place since 1976.

On Tuesday, the district government appealed the decision to the Supreme Court. If the court takes the case, as many observers believe it will, it could place Chicago's handgun ban, as well as similar laws nationwide, in jeopardy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets - 1976

(chorus)
Gimme back my bullets
Put em back where they belong
Aint foolin around, cause I done had my fun
Aint gonna see no more damage done
Gimme back, gimme back my bullets
Oh put em back where they belong
Gimme back my bullets

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there something terribly wrong with the statement "To paraphrase 50 Cent..."

I think so.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home