Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday

Ten Thoughts for Tuesday

1. I am meeting up with my law school buddies this weekend for the first time in nearly three years. Based on the e-mail traffic over the last couple of days, nobody has changed. That means there is a good chance that someone will be yelling for shots at 3 am while someone else is explaining that Revlon duties don't necessarily preclude directors on a company's board from excluding certain bidders from an otherwise open bidding process.

2. The wife and I started training to run a 5K race. The race is at the beginning of June, so we have lots of time. 5K is almost exactly 3 miles. That doesn't seem like a long way until you actually attempt to run three miles and remember that the most exercise you see during a typical day is going up a flight of stairs to get another doughnut. I ran 4 slow miles last night on the treadmill, so I have hope.

3. Time to get to the beach. Need some sun, sand, snorkling and sCorona.

4. Man, I'm only on number 4. This list thing sucks. Should have started with a smaller number.

5. Work has been interesting lately, and the hours more reasonable than usual. Recently have been on calls with Paris in the morning and Sydney in the evening, which really goes a long way to stretching out the day.

6. Reminder: the French are still cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

7. On Sunday evening while the wife and I were running along the lake, we saw a diving duck. Little fucker could stay under for a long time.

8. I want a cheeseburger. Really, really bad. Stupid eating healthy, blah blah blah.

9. I think my right contact lens may be screwed up.

10. In honor of the fact that the four lawyers I'm meeting up with this weekend are all a bunch of litigators, leaving me as the sole corporate attorney, I'll end with an appropriate quote from John Wayne:

"Out here, due process is a bullet."
- Col. Michael Kirby (The Green Berets)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really exciting that you get to play with your law school buddies this weekend. Be as careful as a bunch of late-twenties lawyers can be.

Reading that last sentence makes me realize that I really shouldn't worry. :)

Have a great time. Great post!
Love,
sister

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home