Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Running

The wife and I, inspired by friends who ran the shamrock shuffle, have decided to run in the Run for the Zoo 5K in June. 5 kilometers is 3.1 miles. Now, 3.1 miles doesn't sound like very far, until you try to run it. Then, it is a very long way. Especially since I never have been much of a runner. I'm more of a "let-it-run-then-I'll-shoot-it-and-walk-over-and-pick-it-up" kind of guy. So this whole thing is understandably a little foreign (not to be confused with a little foreigner).

Anyway, on Monday I ran 5K on a treadmill in 29 minutes and 35 seconds. I'm pretty happy with that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couple of things:
1. I think you should get more points for running 3.1 miles because of the fact that your ankle is made out of metal.

2. You could always do the 5k fun walk with all the grandmas.

3. Two gold stars for the profuse linkage. You would've received three, but 1. I don't want to inflate your little noggin' and 2. the absence of a link to my blog.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should be happy about that. i run to the bathroom sometines. yeah sometimes. typing is a long suit as you could have guessed

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home