Friday, November 17, 2006

Bad Movie

So this "Borat" movie is a blockbuster. I have to blog on this, because for some reason, I let it piss me off every time I hear about it.

I think that piece of shit Sasha Cohen/Ali G/Borat should be shot. Maybe not killed, but at least shot. Wouldn't that make a great movie? We could pretend that we were going to give him an award for being so funny, and then, right before we gave it to him, we could say "Just Kidding!" and shoot him in both knees. Then, while he flops around on the ground in pain, we could all laugh. Evidently, people find that kind of thing funny.

In the movie, this idiot pretends to be a journalist from Belarus or Khazakastan or something, and tricks people into looking like idiots and embarrassing themselves. This isn't "Punk'd" (which also sucks) where multi-millionaire Ashton plays an elaborate prank on multi-millionaire Timberlake, and then when the prank is over, they both go back to being rock-star/movie-star millionaire gods. Instead, the pranks in this movie are on regular people (including villagers living in poverty who were used as standins to make it look like Khazakastan was some crazy backward country full of people who lived with cows), people who just went to work or to school that day and met the wrong person, and now they are embarrassed in front of the whole country -- their friends, their family, their neighbors, everyone.

For the movie, he got two college guys drunk and got them on tape saying racist/homophobic/misoginistic things. Now, those guys' reputations are ruined. They're 22. How could they deserve that? And don't tell me it was because they are bad people. Go out and get any 22 year old guy drunk and you are going to hear some very inappropriate stuff, regardless of their race or creed. He paid villagers about $5 each to act like they lived with animals, etc. The things in the movie don't approach "funny", but they get to "cruel" just fine.

I don't understand how people can laugh at this movie. It's disgusting, and it reflects the downward spiral of our society. Since when did hurting and embarrassing someone become funny?

A final note: Growing up, people did things like block driveways with haybales, or put old tires in someone's yard or T.P. someone's tree. They didn't try to make fools out of them. No matter what, don't play a prank on me designed to embarrass me. I promise I won't think it's funny. If you are a guy, I'll hit you. If you are a girl, I'll hit whatever guy is next to you. And when you explain that it was just a big funny joke, and that everyone really was just being funny, I'll hit you again. With a hammer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more about this.

I also tend to let it upset me every time I hear about it because it sickens me that there is an audience out there for crap like this movie.

If it makes me and you sick, imagine how some in the Jewish community feel about seeing Cohen, a Jewish man, make horrible and hurtful anti-Semitic jokes throughout this movie.

And imagine the frustration of those in Kazikstan, who are hurt most by this man's innacurate portrayal of a country he has no love or care for.

I get solace in the fact that in the end, I believe that we will all reap what we've sown - even Mr. Cohen.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home