Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mexico, etc.

I wish I was in Mexico right now. Cancun, Puerto Villarta, Cabo. I'd like to be sitting on a white sand beach with a book in one hand and a beer in the other, just baking under the sun. That would be better than work. Do you think that the people who say that they love their work so much that they would do it for free are really serious? If they are, and I am ever their boss, I'm going to cut their salary in half and tell the Board how much money I am trimming out of the budget. That way, I'll get a big bonus and can spend more time on the beach in Mexico. And that makes me think of something else--corporate executives getting a ton of money for salary and bonus (think $140M severance package that Disney paid executive after 14 months of work). I am all for it. Really, if A-Rod can make 12 million bucks this year for playing baseball, and Tom Cruise makes 20 million for making bad movies, why shouldn't the person in charge of a multi-billion dollar company that employes thousands of employees and who probably works 70 hours a week get paid like that? And that makes me think of another something else--Terrell Owens shouldn't get paid anything at all. He is totally destroying the Eagles, acting like an ass, and expecting to get paid more as a result. The man is an idiot. I hope that the Eagles cut him and the Browns pick him up. That way, both of the biggest team-killing receivers in football (TO and Kellen "I'm-the-one-but-I-am-too-stupid-to-stay-healthy" Winslow) will both be on one team and can grind it down to nothing and leave the rest of the league alone. Not like anyone expects the Browns to do anything anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday, I'll teach you how to make paragraphs.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was in Mexico, too. We should run away from home.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home